Sunday, July 10, 2011

The earlier weeks!

Since we didn't start this blog right away, I don't have posts about all the early weeks.  Although I documented the events along the way and tried to capture a picture in each of the weeks.  No belly pictures early on, as there was not much to see besides a flabby stomach :)

Week 8 - Viva Las Vegas
Nothing like being 8 weeks pregnant in Las Vegas.  Yes, Vegas bound I was at 8 weeks.  One of my best friends Abbey had her Bachelorette Party in Vegas, in which we planned months before hand, so out to Vegas I went.  Unfortunately I had our scare a couple weeks back and my doctor strongly urged that I take things extremely easy and keep off my feet.  Not wanting to miss it, I decided I would still go, but cut back my nights from 3 to 2.  I was so excited to see my friends and share a special weekend with all of them.  And the best part was I got to share our exciting news in person.  I flew out Thursday night after work with Leah and met Abbey, Bonny and Runge.  Once we got to the hotel, I pulled Abbey in the bathroom and told her I was so excited to share in her special weekend, but I would not be drinking because I was pregnant!  She was so excited and completely understood doctor's orders.  We were then all sitting in the room and Leah said, "I know so many people that are pregnant right now."  Others were like, really?  I don't...then I said, "Well I know one more person you can add to that list...me!"  It took a second for it to register and then they all starting screaming and were so excited!  It was awesome to be able to tell them in person and have their support during that scary time.  The weekend was great...kept my mind off being sick and a very unique Vegas experience. 

Week 10 - BBQ Weekend
This weekend is one of Andy's favorite weekends. Some of our best couple friends get together and compete in a BBQ contest.  It is such a fun weekend, although this year was super hot! We were out at the Cure of Ars church parking lot basically from Friday after work until late Saturday night.  The boys did not fare too well this year,  but were in great company and had another memorable weekend.  It was a fun weekend despite the heat and smell of meat.

Week 11 - Chicago Bound
This weekend we headed to Chicago for Andy's cousins wedding.  We decided to drive and rode along with Mark and Sharon.  It was not the most pleasurable ride, considering how I felt, but managed to not get sick in the car.  Andy was really excited to share the news with his family in person and we were fortunate that we got the opportunity to do so.  Best part of the trip was on Saturday when Andy and I were out doing a little shopping.  I have been craving ice cream and think the milk helps coat my stomach.  So needless to say it was in the afternoon and I got my craving for ice cream.  We were walking around downtown Chicago trying to find ice cream and could not for the life of us.  And my freak out session started...I needed/wanted ice cream.  It was bad...really bad, but fortunately we found a snickers pie and I got after it!! 

Week 12 - Going Away Party and Shower Time
This weekend was a super busy one.  We had a going away party on Friday night that we attending, followed by a bridal shower for Abbey on Saturday.  Friday night we were at the party and I felt all but good.  It was later in the evening and I knew I needed to get out of there.  So I left and went and got myself a milkshake from McDonald's and brought it back to the party. Classy I know, but it saved me from puking at the party and got me home in time to get sick in my toilet. 
Saturday we hosted a bridal shower for Abbey and it was so fun to see all the girls and have friends at our house!  Fortunately I got through the shower and only got sick that morning before guest arrived and at night once everyone left!


No comments:

Post a Comment